OFFICIAL RULESNO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Sponsor: The participating franchised Operators of Chick-fil-A restaurant businesses in the San Antonio, TX area (collectively "Sponsors").
2. Eligibility: The Chick-fil-A Reserve Your Breakfast Entrée Giveaway ("Giveaway") is open and offered only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia ("D.C.") who live in the United States or D.C. and are thirteen (13) years of age or older as of July 23, 2012. Employees, officers, directors, or representatives of Sponsors, Chick-fil-A, Inc., CFA Properties, Inc., and any Chick-fil-A, Dwarf House®, and Truett's Grill® restaurants, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, owner-operators, all of their respective advertising, promotion, or fulfillment agencies, promotional partners, and entities associated with or involved in the development, implementation, or handling of the Giveaway (collectively, the "Giveaway Entities") are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway.
3. Giveaway Period: The Giveaway begins at 12:00:01 AM EDT on July 23, 2012 and ends at 6:00:00 PM EDT on August 30, 2012 ("Giveaway Period").
4. How to Participate: Eligible participants should go to http://www.chick-fil-aforbreakfast.com/ ("Website") and follow the directions for participation. Specifically, eligible participants will select a participating Chick-fil-A location, then select a date (generally , but actual dates may vary by location, the "Reservation Redemption Period"), and time (generally 6:30AM – 10:30AM, but actual times may vary by location), from the on-screen calendar for a reservation to visit the selected participating location. Eligible participants will also then select one (1) Breakfast entrée from the choices given onscreen to be given free during their selected date and time. The total number of reservations available each day during the Reservation Redemption Period will vary by individual Sponsor and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. The reservation system on the Website will close at 6:00 PM EDT on August 30, 2012. After selecting the location, date, time, and breakfast entrée, eligible participants must complete the reservation form on the Website by providing his/her full name, email address, and zip code. Eligible participants may also provide their address, gender, and birthday; however, submission of this information is not required for participation in the Giveaway. Notwithstanding the foregoing, dates and times available to participate in the Giveaway may vary among the individual Sponsors. Breakfast entrée menu items will be served during Chick-fil-A location breakfast hours only (generally 6:30AM – 10:30 AM, but actual times may vary by location). Breakfast and some breakfast menu items are not available at all Chick-fil-A locations. Please note that without limiting the other requirements set forth in these Official Rules, you must have made a reservation through the Website and been issued an Invitation (as defined below) to participate in the Giveaway. If you visit a Chick-fil-A location without a reservation and an Invitation, you will be unable to participate in the Giveaway.
After registering, eligible participants will receive an email with their invitation, which includes the eligible participant's full name and the date, time, breakfast entrée and location of the reservation ("Invitation"). Eligible participants must print this Invitation and bring it with them to the designated Chick-fil-A location at the designated date and time. Eligible participants may also be asked to provide a valid government-issued photo ID to the Sponsor or employee who requests it at the time of redemption of the Invitation, and if ID is requested, the name on the Invitation and ID must match for redemption of the Invitation. If an eligible participant cannot print his/her Invitation, that participant should go to the designated Chick-fil-A location at the designated date and time and bring his/her valid government-issued photo ID (if the participant has one) and advise the Sponsor that his/her Invitation would not print, and the Sponsor will determine, at his/her sole discretion, whether to honor the participant's reservation and Invitation. Each Invitation is redeemable for one (1) free Breakfast entrée selected by and for the eligible participant whose name is on the Invitation at the time, date and location identified on the Invitation. Invitation is not a coupon. Invitation has no cash value. Limit one (1) Invitation per person and per email address, regardless of restaurant location. Submission of multiple entries to receive multiple Invitations by or on behalf of the same person will result in ineligibility with respect to all entries submitted by or on behalf of an individual and all Invitations received by an individual.
Invitations are subject to verification by Sponsor, and their representatives. Invitations are null and void and will be rejected if not obtained through authorized, legitimate channels. Such authorized, legitimate channels do not include (among other means) purchasing Invitations online or otherwise, through online auctions, or at live auctions. The offer to sell, auction or sale of an Invitation will void the Invitation. If any part of an Invitation is counterfeited, or if any part is illegible, mutilated, or tampered with in any way, or if an Invitation contains or reflects printing, typographical, mechanical, or other errors, the Invitation will be rejected and deemed void and invalid. Incomplete, mechanically reproduced, automated, and/or duplicate Invitations are not permitted and will be deemed void and invalid. The use of any device to automate the entry process is absolutely prohibited, and any such entries and resulting Invitations shall be void.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting the Invitation, the Invitation will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Invitation is issued, subject to that person's ability to provide a valid government-issued photo ID to the Sponsor or employee who requests it at the time of redemption of the Invitation, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Once submitted for redemption, all Invitations become the property of Sponsor and will in no event be returned.
5. Privacy: Sponsor may collect personal data from participants when they enter the Giveaway, and this information will be used for the purposes of administering the Giveaway, publicizing the Giveaway, and for participants age eighteen (18) and over, other promotional purposes that benefit Sponsor and its designees.
6. General Conditions: Neither Sponsor nor any other Released Party (defined below) is responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries or Invitations, or for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, tampering, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway, and neither Sponsor nor any Released Party assume responsibility for any error, omission, defect, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to the materials related to the Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. In such event(s), Sponsor reserves the right (in addition to disqualification of such individual) to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If for any reason the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by participants, fraud, weather, force majeure events or any other causes which, Sponsor, in its sole opinion, deem could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Giveaway, or the Giveaway is otherwise not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Giveaway. If such malfunction, error, disruption, event, occurrence or damage occurs, and it impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper play of the Giveaway, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate the Giveaway or any portion thereof by posting a notice on the Website or at Sponsor locations. In the event that the selected Breakfast Entrée or any other item, product, or service cannot be awarded for any reason, or any eligible participant is not capable of redeeming his/her Invitation for any reason, Sponsor and Released Parties shall not be obligated to award any item, product, or service, and Sponsor and Released Parties reserve the right, in their sole discretion, whether to substitute the selected Breakfast Entrée or any other item, product, or service (or any portion thereof) with an item, product, or service of comparable or greater value or cash value. If, for any reason, more than the stated number of Invitations are available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to honor the correct total number of Invitations by random drawing from among eligible Invitations. No groups, clubs, newsletters, or organizations may reproduce or distribute any portion of these Official Rules to their members, and anyone who participates in the Giveaway through means not permitted by these Official Rules is subject to disqualification.
7. Release: By participating in this Giveaway, participants (and each minor participant's parent(s) or legal guardian(s)) agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless, the Giveaway Entities, and each of their officers, directors, owners, employees, agents, affiliates (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, harm, damage, cost, or expense of any kind to any person(s), including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury, and/or death, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, and/or misuse of an Invitation or participation in this Giveaway or any Giveaway-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
8. Limitation of Liability: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, PARTICIPANTS (AND EACH MINOR PARTICIPANT'S PARENT(S) OR LEGAL GUARDIAN(S)) AGREE THAT: (1) ALL ITEMS, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; (2) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS GIVEAWAY OR ANY ITEM AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (3) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS GIVEAWAY BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS' FEES; AND (4) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PARTICIPANT (AND EACH MINOR PARTICIPANT'S PARENT(S) OR LEGAL GUARDIAN(S)) BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND PARTICIPANT (AND EACH MINOR PARTICIPANT'S PARENT(S) OR LEGAL GUARDIAN(S)) HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO CERTAIN PARTICIPANTS. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Giveaway, each participant (and each minor participant's parent(s) or legal guardian(s)) fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Giveaway Entities (including but not limited to Sponsor and their employees handling Invitation redemption), which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Giveaway. By participating in the Giveaway, each participant (and each minor participant's parent(s) or legal guardian(s)) waives any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. The failure or delay by Sponsor or Giveaway Entities in enforcing any particular clause, provision, or aspect of these Official Rules shall not impact the validity, enforceability, or effect of any other clause, provision, or aspect of these Official Rules.
10. Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and/or Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia without regard to conflicts of law/choice of law doctrine of Georgia or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place exclusively either in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, or Fulton County State Court located in Atlanta, Georgia. Participant (and each minor participant's parent(s) or legal guardian(s)) agrees to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts and waives any right to change of venue or any like right.
11. Official Rules: Official Rules for this Giveaway are available by clicking on the link provided during the Giveaway entry process described herein. The Official Rules may also be obtained by visiting the participating Chick-fil-A restaurant locations during the Giveaway Period.
CHICK-FIL-A® is a registered trademark of CFA Properties, Inc.
© 2013 CFA Properties, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.